WACSI 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme in Accra,Ghana
Apply for the 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme (Fully Funded Internship) on Truesport your best world wide Scholarship website on the internet. The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to improving the capacities of civil society organisations in West Africa towards greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
In response to an obvious need for structured practical capacity enhancement for young West Africans, WACSI introduced a Next Generation Internship Programme (NGIP) in January 2008 aiming at advancing the next generation of African scholars and practitioners. The programme primarily targets young West Africans, either fresh graduates or early career professionals, seeking work experience in WACSI’s core areas of work. Interns are needed to commit to WACSI for six months during which time they will be fully involved in all WACSI activities and improve their knowledge and capacities for leadership, knowledge and programme management, and critical development issues for West Africa, among other areas.
Requirements for the 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme:
- WACSI is therefore looking for an intern from the West Africa sub-region interested in enhancing their civic consciousness and developing their professional capacity.
- They will be embedded in WACSI’s core areas of work i.e. Policy Influencing and Advocacy and Knowledge Management.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a first degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, law, development studies or related fields.
- Applicants should also show an interest in civil society and non-profit organization management.
Benefits of the 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme:
- This is a fully funded internship. The institute will support interns fully with flight to and from home country, furnished accommodation, lunch during working days for the duration of the internship and a monthly stipend.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a high proficiency in English, French or Portugese and a working knowledge of one other.
- The successful intern will spend a substantial part of her/his internship working at the WACSI office in Accra, Ghana.
- The internship period is from January to June, 2023. Interns who are unable to complete the six-months internship will refund the total cost of the internship package to WACSI.
- Conduct desktop research on policy and legislative issues
- Assist in gathering information and writing reports for policy meetings
- Assist in policy meetings and workshop preparation
- Assist in the development of policy advocacy training tool
- Support other administrative tasks
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2023