UNWTO Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023 for Africans.
Young Innovators in Travel and Tourism are called for the UNWTO Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge, apply now on Truesport your best Scholarship website on the internet. UNWTO Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge is an exclusive platform being provided to the innovative African youth in Travel and Tourism seeking funding, association, and mentorship opportunities to display their projects to the global marketplace so they can find the necessary support for their programmes. UNWTO Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023 for Africans.
Requirements for the UNWTO Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge :
In order to avoid disqualification, plainly indicate the following
- The vision, uniqueness, authenticity, and rationale.
- Evidence of innovation in travel & tourism or related industry challenge being solved in Africa – COVID-19 era and into the future (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The sustainability of the impact of the project on travel and tourism, local communities, and/or related industries.
- Timelines for the project.
- The kind of support required – funding, investors, mentorship, partnerships, etc.
- Conclusion/additional, but relevant information of not more than 500 words.
- Competitors are required to show a demo/Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5 min) during the presentation.
- Age limit – 35 years.
- $1000.00 grant seed for the winner.
- $500.00 grant seed for 1st & 2nd runner up.
- Complimentary enrolment for short courses provided by UNWTO.
- Mentorship, partnership, potential funding support, and career opportunities.
- Opportunity to be part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.
- Challenge Opens on 8th December 2022.
- Closing date: 28th February 2023.
- Adjudicators will shortlist the Top 5: 10th March 2023.
- Shortlisted project promoters will be informed: on 15th March 2023.
- Mentorship for elevator pitches (12 hours): 2oth March – 16th May 2023.
- Submission of shortlisted project promoters: 5-minute presentation at the Summit – 19th May 2023.
- Top 3 announced on 2nd June 2023.
- Competitors are required to show a demo/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5min) during the presentation.
- Winners & Runners-up announcement: At ATLF Awards in Gaborone, Botswana on 20 October 2023.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2023.