The 2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
The prestigious annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) is the flagship programme of the Development Bank of Nigeria and is presently in its 5th Cycle. Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and so far, the Bank has trained over 2000 MSMEs across Nigeria digitally and physically, leveraging partnerships and the DBN Learning Management System (LMS). The 2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
The 2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme will offer training and support to determined entrepreneurs. The participants would learn about the various aspects of entrepreneurship, including business planning and development, bookkeeping and financial management, marketing, and client relations. The Programme’s objective is to support emerging entrepreneurs to build thriving businesses that will add to the Nigerian economy. It will assist participants to develop strong networks, creative strategies, and the skills they need to become successful business owners.
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals.
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit.
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments, and access to markets.
The programme is available to all Nigerian MSMEs across any sector, who are concerned with obtaining the right knowledge required to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 DBN ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAMME
All applicants shortlisted for the onsite training must meet the below minimum eligibility criteria:
- The owner of the business must be 18 years and above.
- The business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
The programme carries a blended learning format approach of virtual and physical training.
- Virtual Training: The Virtual training is a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of the basic business principles broken down into 9 modules and will be implemented using the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training: This is a 5-day intense practical training and the curriculum is based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this to be trained in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
- Pitching Session: All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be chosen to acquire grant funding of N500,000 each.
TRAINING PROGRAMME PROCESS FLOW
1. All applicants should register on the DBN BizAid application.
2. All applicants must conclude a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and acquire an average score of 70% from all quizzes. The courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Sustainability for MSMEs
- Marketing and Sales Techniques
- Credit Management/Access to Finance.
3. All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by the stipulated deadline will get an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
4. Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
5. Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
6. Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications
7. Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
8. Training will begin on announced dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt.
|S/N||Activity||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Registration and online training on the DBN Biz Aid||06-May|
|2||Application process for face-to-face training||10-Jul||17-Jul|
|3||Selection and announcement of shortlisted participants for the face-to-face training||24-Jul||25-Jul|
|4||Face to Face training in Abuja||31-Jul||04-Aug|
|5||Face to Face Training in Lagos||14-Aug||18-Aug|
|6||Face to Face Training in Port Harcourt||25-Aug||01-Sep|